Wednesday, July 15, 2009

15th of July 2009 - Mission Impossible

7 Spey Terrace
Edinburgh
EH7 4PX

Telephone: 0131-550 0895
E-mail: JohnEDouglas@gmail.com

15th of July 2009

FOR PUBLICATION:

LETTER TO THE EDITOR


Dear Sir,

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

I have long sought the opportunity to make a day trip to Lewis in order to attend Sunday morning worship with one of the many Free Church congregations that adorn the island.

Unfortunately, even though Caledonian Macbrayne are now finally to sail to Stornoway on a Sunday, the arrival of their ship seems to be timed precisely to avoid this sort of tourism. Perhaps this is something that the local council, Comhairle nan Eilean Siar, may wish to take up with the shipping line in the interests of the local economy?

Sincerely,



John Eoin Douglas

1 comment:

  1. Make a weekend of it John. It's way too far for a day trip. You can stay in my cottage if you like. I'm the only gay in the village but don't let that put you off. There will be NO poofery in my house you dirty queer ! Stay in Edinburgh you southern gay boy. How dare you ask to stay in my house. I'm a man of the cloth ! It's a bit crispy and stained but it gives me strengh to keep you filthy mainlanders with your filthy ways away . Get away with you !

    ReplyDelete